The Standard seeks a full-time visual & communications designer to join a burgeoning creative team. In this role, you will lead & assist with the regular production of visual assets and artifacts for marketing, social media, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience working in Adobe’s range of Creative Cloud products including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects.
- A portfolio highlighting excellence and flexibility of design work, and responding to a variety of briefs.
- Experience working on creative and innovative social media campaigns.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Ability to solicit feedback and incorporate it quickly while meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional project management and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
About The Standard
Our mission is to help San Franciscans know their city. Through our reporting, content, and editorial projects, we aim to inspire anyone with a stake in San Francisco to better understand, connect with, and relate to the things that make S.F. tick. Whether it’s an obscure permitting process or the mom ‘n’ pop store that opened down the street, we want to help people feel more connected to San Francisco through high-quality, trustworthy, and accurate reporting and coverage.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit the conventional requirements of the job.