The San Francisco Standard is seeking a copy editor to help ensure the flawless execution of our distinctive voice and style across all of our offerings.
Reporting to the managing editor, the copy editor will be the final set of eyes on almost all editorial copy and will play a major role in writing headlines, cutlines and other display type.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years of editing experience, ideally at a major news organization.
- Familiarity with the production side of online publishing
- Experience editing AP Style
- They will be highly detail-oriented, comfortable with a variety of software tools and possess a strong ear for language.
- They will be very comfortable working quickly in a sometimes high-pressure environment.
- A deep knowledge of San Francisco is strongly preferred, but not required.
The role requires physical presence in San Francisco—we are in office four days a week. We offer very competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and a short cover letter.
About The Standard
Our mission is to help San Franciscans know their city. Through our reporting, content, and products, we aim to inspire anyone with a stake in San Francisco to better understand, connect with, and relate to the things that make S.F. tick. Whether it’s an obscure permitting process or the mom ‘n’ pop store that opened down the street, we want to help people feel more connected to San Francisco through high-quality, trustworthy, and accurate reporting and coverage. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit the conventional requirements of the job.