Skip to main content

Police surround San Francisco home in standoff with stabbing suspect

police vehicles seen on a street
The scene of a San Francisco police standoff on Revere Avenue on Friday. | Source: Joel Umanzor/The Standard

San Francisco police surrounded a home in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood after a stabbing suspect barricaded themself inside Friday.

Police responded to 1190 Revere Ave. after a stabbing victim was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital just after 10 a.m.

The victim told officers they’d visited the home, which sits at the corner of Hawes and Revere streets, where they were stabbed after a fight broke out.

READ MORE: Police Resolve Standoff by High School in San Francisco’s Fillmore Neighborhood

An armored police SWAT vehicle and a heavy police presence were seen in the area for almost four hours after officers responded to find the suspect.

Additional police resources, which included SFPD’s crisis/hostage negotiation team and tactical units, arrived on the scene to assist in the incident, police said. At approximately 1:30 p.m., officers placed the suspect into custody.

Another two people were detained along with the suspect, witnesses at the scene told The Standard. It was unclear if either of the two were arrested.

READ MORE: San Francisco DA Staffer Fired After Emailing Brooke Jenkins, ‘What Color Panties You Have On’

A nearby resident, who did not want to be identified due to safety concerns, said they were preparing to take off from their Revere Street home when they were told to get inside by police.

“The officers told me, ‘No, you got to go back in the house,’ and I obliged their orders and went back in,” the resident told The Standard just after 2 p.m. “I had somewhere I needed to go at noon, but I’m just leaving now.”

According to the neighbor, the house in question is known to have a number of visitors at all times of the day.

“There is a lot of activity all night long, going in and out of there,” they said.