Proposition F, a ballot measure in this June’s election, will ask San Francisco voters to enact reforms to rein in the city’s scandal-plagued trash company Recology, which in the wake of a corruption scandal at City Hall was found to be over-billing ratepayers by almost $100 million.
Recology has insisted it maintains close ties to the community, so in this week’s episode of Hella News, co-host Meaghan Mitchell hit the streets to find out how residents really feel about Recology and just how much love the city has for garbage men.
Below are previous episodes of Hella News:
- Episode 6: A Brief Guide to Rooting for the Dubs
- Episode 5: ‘Orange People’ Roaming Streets of SF
- Episode 4: Why San Francisco Can’t Build More Housing
- Episode 3: The Standard’s Voter Poll Finds San Franciscans Are Fed Up
- Episode 2: The War Over JFK Drive Is Finally Over
- Episode 1: U.S. Census Data: Breaking Down SF
Meaghan Mitchell can be reached at [email protected].
Jesse Rogala can be reached at [email protected].
Mike Kuba can be reached at [email protected].